I totally improvised these little balls of heaven a few days ago. Everyone needs to try them! SO yummy! And so filling! Perfect for a post-workout snack or an anytime snack really! (Also, if you have a better name for them…I’m totally okay with changing the lame name I currently am using!)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
**Peanut Butter- the amount is up to you. I used a whole small jar from Wegmans. (Crunchy or smooth would work)
Your favorite granola (whole bag) I used Nature Valley Honey & Oats Protein Granola
3 tablespoons of honey
4 tablespoons of milk (I used 2%, you can substitute any kind)
10 Guittard Organic Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Wafers (Non-GMO, Peanut Free, Fair Trade Certified! This stuff is the bomb!) [Amount here is also up to you- I love chocolate so…]
1 tablespoon of Espresso Powder (Any Brand)
Other things you’ll need:
1 Mixing bowl
1 Sheet of aluminum foil
1 gallon Zip Loc bag
1 cookie sheet
- Place foil on cookie sheet
- Mix Peanut Butter, Honey, Milk, and Espresso Powder in your mixing bowl
- Melt Chocolate Wafers in the microwave until completely melted
- Pour melted chocolate into your Peanut Butter base and mix until well blended
- Take your granola and pour it into a gallon zip loc bag. Seal it, and lay it flat. Use a spoon to crush the granola into smaller pieces.
- Last but not least, pour in the whole zip loc bag of granola and stir together
- Take your Powerball mixture and start hand rolling little balls and placing them on the foil
- Place finished powerballs in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
After the one hour in the fridge, they are ready to eat!
**The beauty of this little treat, is you can customize it to fit your specific needs. Allergic to peanut butter? No problem! Use any other PB substitute you would like! You could also add any mixed nuts or even protein powder to really turn this into a super powerball!
Hope you enjoy this yummy treat!